Equipment enhancement is a process that increases the combat stats and gear score of your equipment. The Enhancement Artisan is the NPC which provides players with the option to enhance their gear. The enhancing process starts by ‘Fortifying’ equipment up to level 5. After that, the equipment can be ‘Upgraded’ into the next rarity tier, resetting its fortification level to 0.
Figure 1: Enhancement Artisan NPC
Figure 2: Enhancement Artisan’s icon in the Map Menu
Figure 3: Interface of Enhancement menu
How to enhance an equipment piece?
- Interact with the Enhancement Artisan.
- Highlight the equipment that you want to upgrade. A label: ‘Fortification Available’ will be visible if the Player has the required materials.
- Hold the ‘A’ button to ‘Fortify’ the item.
- A result prompt will inform the player if the fortification was successful or not.
Figure 4: A Successful Fortification
- Equipment (Yellow): The equipment you wish to fortify.
- Fortified Equipment (Green): The result of a successful fortification. The number beside the equipment is the fortification level.
- Success rate (Orange): The chance of a successful fortification.
- Required materials (Blue): This displays the required amount of Fortification Stones, Gold, and Artifact Shards/Cores needed to fortify the equipment.
Figure 5: Fortify Item UI
- +5 Equipment (Yellow): The equipment you wish to upgrade.
- Upgraded Equipment (Green): The result of a successful upgrade. A new Alchemy Gem is unlocked when upgrading.
- Success rate (Orange): The chance of a successful upgrade.
- Required materials (Blue): This displays the stone required to upgrade the equipment.
Figure 6: Upgrade Item UI
If the fortification process fails, there is a chance that equipment will suffer a ‘Damaged’ penalty and therefore drop its fortification level by 1. Damaged equipment cannot be fortified until it is repaired.
Figure 7: A Failed Fortification
Figure 8: A Damaged Item
Repairing damaged equipment will remove its ‘Damaged’ penalty. This process requires gold and a equipment with the same name as the damaged one.
- Damaged Equipment (Green): The equipment to be repaired.
- Repair cost(Blue): The required equipment and gold.
Figure 9: Successful Repair
Figure 10: Repair Item UI
This is used to repair damaged equipment. It can be purchased from the Limited Time Merchant using Star Seeds.
Figure 11: Repair Tools