A Field Boss is a significantly strong enemy which you can fight in the open fields of Lumios to earn rewards. Every Field Boss has a Quick Time Event (QTE) which adds challenge to the fight. Once you complete a Field/Elite Boss Side Quest, the Regional Quest equivalent will become available.
Field Boss Types:
- Elite Boss
- Unique Boss
Side Quests and Regional Quests which require defeating a Field Boss will have a red skull icon in the quest description.
Figure 1: Quest with a Boss
Elite Boss - You will encounter this boss type regularly during the main quest and side quests. Adventure Dungeons have Elite Bosses which act as a mid-boss fights in the Dungeon corridors.
Figure 2: Stone Zephyr (Left) and Enraged Treant (Right) are Examples of Elite Bosses
Figure 3: Elite Boss in a Challenge (2-Player) Dungeon
Elite Boss Rewards:
The rewards that you can loot from an Elite Boss include Gold, Fortification Stones, and Equipment. Completing a Field Boss Regional Quest will reward you with an item (Equipment, Food, and Buff potions), Experience Points, and Reputation Points.
Figure 3: The details of an Elite Boss Region-Quest
Elite Boss Regional Quest:
- The Quest Objective and Time Limit (Yellow) – Once the time limit reaches zero, the quest will fail. After that, it will be available again with a different reward.
- The Regional Quest Rewards (Orange) – The possible rewards are Equipment, Fortification and Evolving Stones, Soul Pyre Food, and Food Buffs.
- The XP and Gold Rewards (Green) – The rewards may vary.
- The Reputation Points (Pink) – The type of Reputation points received depends on the region.
Unique Bosses are enemies that require multiple players to defeat them. The HP of a Unique Boss will adjust depending on how many players are present in the area. Every region in Lumios has a Unique Boss. In Adventure Dungeons, there are three Unique Bosses which must be defeated to complete the dungeon.
Figure 4: Ghost Knight (Left) and Grasslands Giant (Right) are Examples of Unique Bosses
Unique Boss Rewards:
The rewards that you can acquire from killing a Field Boss are Gold and Soul Crystals. Completing a Field Boss regional quest will reward you with an additional Reward Box which contains equipment, accessories, crafting materials, and fortification stones.
Figure 4: Rewards from Looting a Unique Boss
Figure 5: Reward Boxes from Unique Boss Regional Quests
Figure 6: Reward Bag from the Bone Dragon
The regional quest reward for taking down the Ghost Knight and Bone Dragon is a Reward Bag which contains the following:
- Currency Chest: A large amount of Soul Crystals.
- Reward Box: An equipment, accessories, crafting materials, and Fortification Stone.
Figure 7: The Contents of a Reward Bag
Reward Boxes can also be obtained after completing a Dungeon.
Figure 8: Reward Box after Completing a Dungeon
Unique Boss Regional quest:
- Quest Objective and Time Limit (Yellow) – Once the time limit reaches zero, the quest will fail. After that, the regional quest will be available again with a different reward.
- Regional Quest Reward Box (Orange)
- Experience and Gold Rewards (Green)
- Reputation Points (Pink) – The type of Reputation Points received depends on the region.
Figure 9: The Details of a Field-Boss Regional Quest
Token Redemption – Soul Crystal
The Monster Hunter NPC allows you to exchange your Soul Crystal for a Reward Box, Costume, or Dye.
Figure 10: The Monster Hunter NPC
Figure 11: Examples of the Items Available in the Token Redemption