A mount is a companion creature that you can summon to help you travel quickly from one place to another.
Figure 1: Player Riding a Mount
What are the different types of Mounts and their benefits?
- Common (No Sprint charges)
- Uncommon (Green - 1 Sprint charge)
- Rare (Blue - 2 Sprints charges)
- Epic (Purple - 3 Sprints charges)
A mount helps you traverse Lumios faster while also allowing you to enjoy the scenery as you cross the land.
Where can I purchase Mounts?
You can use gold to purchase Mounts from the "Mount Merchant" NPC. This NPC can be found in every region of the map. Upon purchasing a mount from this vendor, a summoning card for that mount is directly transferred to the “Consumables” tab in your bag. There are also mounts that can be purchased from "Reputation Merchants", "Faction Shops" and the "Cash Shop".
Figure 2: Mount Merchant NPC and Mount available for purchase
Are there any other ways to get Mounts?
You can acquire a wide variety of mounts through Campaign and Treasure box rewards, Achievements, Drops from Boss monsters, Completing Treasure Map Fragments, VIP Rewards and Taming.
Figure 3: Using Mount Card
How can I Equip and View Mounts?
Activating your Mount:
1. Open your Bag.
2. Find the "Mount Cards" under the "Consumables" Tab.
3. Hold "A" to “use the Card. This transfers your mount to the "Stable".
4. Open the "Stable" tile in your Menu.
5. Select your desired mount then press "A" to “equip it.
Figure 4: Stable tile via Menu
How can I view my mounts?
You can view your mounts by accessing the "Stable" tile in the Menu.
How do I summon my Mount?
You can easily summon your newly-acquired mount by following these steps:
1) Hold the "Right Bumper (RB)" to Toggle Action.
2) Press "D-Pad Down" to summon your mount.
Figure 202: Toggle Actions
Figure 5: Summoning the Mount
Upon summoning a mount, a yellow casting bar will appear above your character’s HP bar. A whistle sound will indicate that your mount has been successfully summoned.
Figure 6: Mount Controls
Mount Controls and Functions:
- (X) Speed Up: Speeds up your mount by running.
- (A) Slow Down: Allows your mount to switch between running, walking, and standing still.
- (Y) Sprint: Boosts your mount’s movement speed when the sprint is charged up.
- (B) Dismount: Removes your character from being mounted.
- (RT) Jump: Allows a user to climb over terrain and obstacles.
- Mount emote: This command is triggered by pressing (RT) button during standby.
- L-Stick: Changes the direction of your Mount.